I spent the weekend working on wiring.
1. Removed all traces of the EGR system
2. Removed all traces of the stock fan controller
3. Moved the Self-Test connectors into the glove box
4. Fixed the stereo wiring
5. Rerouted some of the wiring for placement
6. Replaced carpet (black)
7. Installed new front seat belts
8. New driver side door seal
The stock fan controller wiring was a known issue, but I didn't think is was nearly this bad.
The round connector in the pics never did separate, as the internals of the plug must have melted together.
The rectangular plug ran to the stock fan controller.
(the snake was found behind the passenger side rear quarter panel)
Still to do...
1. Fix the stock tach - must have removed 1 wire too many
2. Hide wiring in fenders
3. Hook up the VSS sensor
4. Get rid of the stock seats
If the current setup holds together for the rest of the week, then I will install a NEW ecu and the Moates QuarterHorse this weekend.
Right now, the car is running great.
I'll have to make my own Wiring Diagram for the car, as all of the factory ones are getting hard to read with crossed out sensors and removed wires